Saturday, November 24, 2007

Kuching Vs Perth

What’s the difference between my life in Perth and Kuching?? Sometimes I miss Kuching so much that I hope to go back as soon as possible. Sometimes I thought of continuing my life in Perth after I have graduated. Why do I have such feelings? Which is the one that I like? Which is the best for me? Many question marks appeared. ???? @.@

Why do I prefer Perth?

Staying in Perth is a challenge for me. From the moment I stepped into this region, my life changed. Everything changed. I manage to gain more knowledge and experience in Perth. What kind of experience?

Experience in:

  • Culture shock or dealing with friends from different culture
  • Having the same class with different people around the world
  • Walking all the way to Uni (I don’t walk so much in Malaysia)
  • Being brave and tough enough
  • Being far more independent to get my life move on despite of the agony
  • Earning and spending my own pocket money (enjoy it =) )
  • Working as a waitress in a restaurant dealing with so many issues and skills
  • Having the opportunity to taste a wide variety of food *winks*


Every single experience that I’ve gone through is a challenge for me and also a tool to develop myself. At the same time, I discovered weaknesses of myself which I’ve never notice before. Consequently, I realized the degree of my own potential as a human being, which is rather disappointing to know… to be frank =.=

I couldn’t really cope well with people in this new place and this is why I don’t have much social life in Perth. Friends? Yea, I have friends of cause but it’s only a few… I mean REAL friends, forget about “hi-bye” friends. My social skill just sux and I don’t have much confidence in myself. Yea…my major weaknesses. Anyhow, life still goes on and I will always look on the bright side despite of these…undesirable phenomena. *sigh*

Why do I prefer Kuching?

Kuching is my place! ^ ^ The first place I stepped into the moment I was born. Life is so relaxing here and I feel much more comfortable to be myself in Kuching. Parents are always with me (though not always by my side due to their hectic life) and I have devoted relatives and cousins visiting my house every week. Feel so warm and loving. Friends are everywhere, with stories of our past. “Lim Teh” is always our favorite past time and not to say supper is always ready at kopitiam! My life is full of activities such as lim teh, movie and party! I love hanging out with friends and being socialize! Unlike in Perth, never go watch movie at all =(. Lim Teh? Never heard these two words at all! Party? Yeh, once for Asian cocktail night. We have the same culture and same communication style, thus no pressure of culture differences. Be as how I want to be!! Nice right?

However, the adverse effect of staying in Kuching is I tend to enjoy life and make myself getting lazier and lazier, as if I am degrading… NO, it’s exactly degrading. O.O When it comes to shopping, I feel so terrible as I don’t have enough pocket money to spend. My parents don’t give me much pocket money and money I have is just enough for limteh with buddies. =( Some more, I don’t go for causal work in Kuching… No extra pocket money for me and don’t ask me to work as a waitress in Kuching! Hell no… Not worth it at all! This is the life that I had in Kuching. Probably will be different if I work there? No idea.

So this is basically my thoughts for these two places. Any comments?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emmm..both places have their own gd..So there is "opportunity cost".
Just choose the road tat folo ur heart...No regret ya..!! (^.^)